Reunion Dinner - 2008

We started with sharks fins soup. I soaked the fins in chicken stock for 2 days. The end results is actually not clear like this. I added chopped coriander leaves, a dropped egg and thickened it with corn starch. Can be seen in the last picture. We like this version which our aunt cooks it really nice and well.

Pre-cook sharks fins soup.

Bought a packet of jellyfish. All I did was added sesame oil, seeds, soya sauce, chopped coriander leaves, shredded carrots and cut chillies.
I picked lettuce 'cos lettuce in Cantonese is "sung choi". "Sung" has the meaning "live". Hee hee...so pak kua hor? Anyways, this is lettuce in braised dried scallops and sliced abalone. But somebody has to tell me "I prefer abalone on its own." Okay okay, get the hint. Next time, it'll just be out of the can and dip in chopped red chillies. :P

SO's favourite dish, assam fish aka assam nanas pedas. Heh heh....the lady at the check-out counter commented "wow....all seafood dish."

One of my favourite dishes, Har Lok. One thing is it can be messy shelling. I so wanna eat with my hands after that. Heh heh...........

My first attempt at buying anything 'live'. Previously, I'll ask the fishmonger to kill the lobsters and they will be like "huh?". So, this year, I thought I'll give it a shot. Came home, put the poor guy in the freezer right away. I went to a cooking class and apparently, there's that "fong lui" process but I ain't gonna try it. Fresh steamed is good.

Everything put together and wa la....you get this. But no fancy table setting though:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BDay - 2008